- NCCC has begun an active search for lands heavily impacted by various types of development (agriculture, industrial, commercial) to ascertain potential for restoration.
- NCCC intends to perform a comprehensive wildlife inventory across the watershed.
- NCCC continues to plan for expansion of the Greenway north from Greenway Farm to North Chickamauga Creek Gorge.
- NCCC is seeking to enhance preservation of the scenic North Chickamauga Creek Gorge.
- NCCC is working to establish a trailhead for the Cumberland Trail State Scenic Trail within the North Chickamauga Creek Gorge.
- NCCC is focused on linking North Chickamauga Creek’s scenic upland trails with the Cumberland Trail.
- NCCC pursues stewardship and restoration of ecologically significant habitats along North Chickamauga Creek, with a focus on water quality in the upper 18 miles of the Creek.
- NCCC continues creation of opportunities for citizen involvement and education.
- NCCC and conservation partners at the Cumberland Trail Conference completed of a major land acquisition to expand the Cumberland Trail corridor.
If one way be better than another,that you may be sure
is nature's way.-Aristotle